GET RICH (a scanner) QUICK SCHEME!
My scanner unexpectedly quit and died on me last night, and I urgently need a new one. In order to pay for this (and other unplanned expenses), I'm doing something I've never done before: OPENING ART COMMISSIONS! Read on for the details~
(And please forgive the crappiness of that banner . . . I had to throw it together in a hurry!)
These commission rates are for a single character drawn with pencil and paper, with or without digital cleanup, lineart, or colors depending on the price you pay. Additional characters, or simple backgrounds, cost extra.
I will draw just about any character or scene you request, but nothing NSFW. (I do most of my art during break time at my full-time job, so it literally has to be safe for work or I won't even consider it.) Please provide character references if possible, or a detailed description otherwise. If there's a specific pose/accessory/detail you want included, please provide either a reference or a detailed description so I know what you're looking for.
• Quick Sketch (5"x8", no digital cleanup) - $5; each additional character +$2.50; basic backgrounds +$2.50
Example: (That sketch above of me with the smoking scanner.)
• Full Sketch (8.5"x11", cleaned up digitally) - $10; each additional character +$5; basic backgrounds +$5
• Lineart (8.5"x11", cleaned up and lined digitally) - $15; each additional character +$7.50; basic background +$7.50
That's right, I'll even draw comics for you! You just have to provide me with the script or basic idea, and any relevant character references. I can either do a simple 4koma (a comic of 4 evenly-sized square panels) or a full comic page with more complicated layout. This can be comedy, drama, action, romance, whatever you want – but, again, nothing NSFW, please!
• 4koma (7"x7" or 3.5"x14", cleaned up digitally) - $20; basic backgrounds +$10
• Full Comic Page (one slot only) (8.5"x11", includes basic backgrounds, cleaned up digitally) - $40
If you're interested in commissioning a piece, please send a note with the details. As soon as I receive payment, I will get started on it right away! I would prefer payment via PayPal (send to firstname.lastname@example.org), but I'm willing to negotiate other methods if you wish.
Unfortunately, with my scanner kaput, I may not be able to finish your commissions immediately, but as soon as I get enough money to buy a replacement I'll do so, and then you'll get your art ASAP! Finished commissions will be posted on my dA gallery and tumblr blog (tenkenryu.tumblr.com), and a digital copy will be emailed to you as well. If you're willing to provide money for shipping, I can even mail the pencil-and-paper original to you directly.
There will be 10 slots open immediately; this number is subject to change. For colored sketches and full comic pages I'm only going to be offering one slot each, because of how much time they take me to finish.
1. Lineart (4 characters + background) for Terry L. Durst
2. Flat Colors for Erik Fry
1. Full Sketch for Michael Hartman (redcarstudios.deviantart.com/a…
2. Full Sketch for Mushkikizou-chan (redcarstudios.deviantart.com/a…
3. Lineart for Terry L. Durst